By Riarna Springbett @nourishnurturelive
You hear all the time how important it is to be consistent on a health and/or fitness journey, but it is also just as important to be prepared. Preparation is very much an essential key to achieving success and reaching your goals. Having healthy meals and snacks easily accessible and ready to go in the fridge is a fantastic way to stay focused and organised while fuelling your body with the good stuff!
These Cranberry and Chia Bliss Balls are not super sweet, but will definitely take the edge off when those cravings hit (you know what I’m talking about ladies!), while still ensuring that you are making a good food choice. Not to mention ALL the added benefits of Chia Seeds! High in Fibre, Omega 3, Protein and more.
What do I love most about these Cranberry and Chia balls? They are nut free so can be packed in the school lunchbox without a worry, and they keep perfectly together out of the fridge so make for a great snack while out and about.
Oh and of course SUPER easy to make!
Cranberry & Chia Bliss Balls
You Will Need:
1 Cup Oatbran (or blend rolled oats to form a flour)
¼ Cup Coconut Oil Melted
¼ Cup Pure Honey
2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries Diced
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
3 Tbsp Water
Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
· In a ramekin or small bowl place the Chia seeds and water. Mix together and set aside
· Using a medium size mixing bowl, combine the Oatbran, Diced Cranberries and Salt
· Return back to the Chia seeds and mix again. They should have absorbed the water to form a gel
· Stir in the Chia seeds to your dry mix. Add in the melted Coconut Oil and Honey
· Continue to mix well until all ingredients are combine with no dry bits remaining. This may take a couple of minutes
· Using your hands, roll into balls of desired size and place in the fridge to set
· To store – keep in an airtight container for up to one week